Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spring Cleaning, Part II

This week is Spring Break and because I'm a wild and crazy free spirit, I'm doing some more spring cleaning. I started with a few indoor projects, but yesterday thumbed its nose at the forecast, and I was able to move the festivities outside.

One of the projects on my list was to clean the outside of the Hawthouse.
Ew! I know the Hawthouse is for growing stuff, but not this! It was amazing how fast this algae -- is this algae? -- grew this year. I guess I'm lucky that this is the first time I've even needed to wash the outside.

Supplies! I went with the car-washing tools. I love products that come in re-usable buckets. There is never any shortage of uses around here for buckets.

All clean! The daylilies, if the soap I got on them doesn't kill them, are coming along nicely. There is little Zuzu back there by the chicken fence, keeping her eye out for intruders. Or maybe she was just tired, but I'm sure she would've perked up for an intruder.

After I was done with the Hawthouse, The Big Guy scrubbed my lawn-mowin' machine. It was either that or the cars, so you see where my priorities lie. In this background, you can see that he got the big garden all roto-tilled. 

It was really nice in the Hawthouse.

I decided to move some buckets (buckets!) of our homemade potting soil in to prepare for veggie starts soon. This is our pile of well-aged and screened compost that has been seasoning and sterilizing in its plastic shield. It is so light and fluffy, that it was no challenge at all to move full buckets (buckets!) of it.

Oooooo, that's nice stuff in those buckets. (buckets!)

I couldn't help myself. I had to plant some seeds.
 I had to.





No comments:

Post a Comment